The Pediatrics Gala Function celebrated its tenth anniversary. Its godmother, former top model Valeria Mazza, gathered over 250 people from the business, entertainment, arts and sports worlds. The event was hosted by male top model Iván de Pineda at Palacio Duhau-Park Hyatt Buenos Aires and was organized by Bárbara Diez. Fundraising proceeds nearly doubled the sum raised last year.
The purpose of this tenth Gala Function was to raise funds to build a Pediatric Nutritional Support Center for critically ill children. Specifically, the goal was to acquire a calorimeter to measure the exact caloric requirements of critical patients for their adequate recovery, as well as respiratory equipment, spirometers, and respiratory function measuring equipment for infants and children.
The function was hosted by Valeria Mazza, Pediatric Unit’s Godmother, and José Luis Puiggari, Austral University Hospital’s General Director, who showed his gratitude for the support of such a large turnout.
This year, a total of Ar$ 2.5 million was raised, largely as a result of Iván de Pineda’s engagement at the experience auction game, which provided participants with an opportunity to purchase unique experiences, like cooking at home with renowned chef Donato, playing soccer with their friends at Boca Junior’s and River Plate’s fields, playing polo at Ellerstina’s club, going for a golf round at Buenos Aires Golf Club’s course, racing a Formula E car, and visiting the famed Bodega Salentein winery. Finally, a game was organized to sell the keys to open a chest containing an EVE – Bulgari piece of jewelry.
Over the past ten years, the enormous support received at every year’s Gala Function made the following milestones possible:
- 2006: completing the pediatrics unit, furnished with the latest technological equipment.
- 2007: technological updating of the new pediatric hospitalization floor, with high-frequency ventilation equipment.
- 2008: ECMO (Artificial Heart or Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) project completion. ECMO is a highly complex system that provides heart or respiratory support to children at death risk. It temporarily replaces newborns’ respiratory, cardiac and renal functions when they suffer from severe respiratory distress. It is also used for children who have undergone cardiovascular surgery, having no side effects.
- 2009: funding secured for the Neuro-Intensive Care Program at the Pediatric and Newborn Critical Care Unit.
- 2010: an Intensive Care and Pediatric Emergency Simulation Center was created to train physicians and nurses working at the Hospital and across the country.
- 2011: four more beds were added to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
- 2012: funds were raised to furnish the Pediatric Emergency area 12 admission stalls.
- 2013: the high-complex equipment and technology required for gastroenterological disease testing were acquired.
- 2014: the Mother-Child Department’s Genetics and Fetal Medicine Center was created with the technology required for prenatal diagnoses and treatments.
- 2015: funds were raised to build a Pediatric Nutritional Support Center for critically ill children.
More information: www.valeporloschicos.com